Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Safe

Once again, I was going to start this post with an apology for not posting in almost a year just like I did last April . . . but then I got thinking about how God just wants us to turn from our old ways and not waste time on apologies. So now, I turn back towards my worship of Him without fear of letting Him (and you) down.

During my hiatus from posting, I have gone through many trials and troubles. I have been brought down by stress, responsibilities, and countless worthless worries. I have also watched people that I love get brought down by things of this world. So this post is for all of us who are living in fear and regret.

Deuteronomy 31:6 (ESV) Be strong and courageous. Do not fear or be in dread of them, for it is the Lord your God who goes with you. He will not leave you or forsake you.
As a self-proclaimed control freak, I constantly struggle with letting go of my worries, my stress, my issues, and my faults. I think that if I just worked harder, I could fix everything on my own. To my dismay, I am proven wrong every single time.

God is the only one who is in control, the only one who can give me peace, the only one who can keep my life in control. The more I try to do things myself, the more gloriously I fail!

I pray that those of you struggling would just give up! No, not give up on yourselves, but give up trying to fix things on your own. God promises to keep us safe in his arms if we hand ov
er the reigns completely to Him.  He doesn't say that it is easy or comfortable . . . He just tells us that it is necessary.  We need to turn to Him because He is there, He is strong, He is loving, and He is capable of doing everything we can't do!
Safe by Phil Wickham    To the one who's dreams are falling all apart and all you're left with is a tired and broken heart.  I can tell by your eyes, you think your on your own; but you're not alone.  Have you heard of the One who can calm the raging seas?  Give sight to the blind, pull the lame up to their feet?  With a love so strong and never let you go.  No, you're not alone.   You will be safe in His arms.  You will be safe in His arms.  'Cause the hands that hold the world are holding your heart.  This is the promise He made: He will be with You always.  When everything is falling apart, you will be safe in His arms.  Did you know that the voice that brings the dead to life is the very same voice that calls you now to rise?  So hear Him now, He's calling you home.  You will never be alone.  These are the hands that built the mountains, the hands that calm the seas.  These are the arms that hold the heavens, they are holding you and me.  These are hands that healed the leper, pulled the lame up to their feet.  These are the arms that were nailed to a cross to break our chains and set us free.
So will you rest in His arms?  Will you trust that you are safe there?  I'm the first to admit that it's not easy . . . but it's what we all NEED!

No comments:

Post a Comment