Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Healing Begins

This past weekend was Memorial Day Weekend and was -- as always -- filled with picnics, friends, and family.  The weekend was also filled with God's power and Spirit!

Right now, with everything going on in my life, all I can do is thank God for His unending faithfulness.  The Lord has been working in my family's life and it is hard to describe how I'm feeling at this point in time.  God is calling my husband and I to work for Him in a way that we were not expecting at this moment.  We are excited for what God has in store for us, but also sad about ending our service at our current church.  All we can do is trust that He is in control: of our hearts, our futures, and our feelings.  
Psalm 103:1-5 (NLT)   Let all that I am praise the Lord; with my whole heart, I will praise His holy name.  Let all that I am praise the Lord, may I never forget the good things he does for me.  He forgives all my sins and heals all my diseases...He fills my life with good things.  My youth is renewed like the eagle's!
Even though things are going according to God's plan, that's not to say that some things don't still hurt.  My feelings and emotions have been heightened through the ups and downs of the weekend's events.  In the midst of all of my inner emotional struggles, God spoke to me during a worship service.  I was reminded of this song by Tenth Avenue North as I sat in a church pew and cried.

God reminded me that I have to give everything over to Him.  I can't just trust Him with some parts of my life, I have to let all of my walls down and let Him be in control of everything!  

It has been so long since I have truly laid down all of myself to the Lord.  I had been trying to keep up appearances, be confident in my own strength, and act like I had everything together.  God reminded me that, through whatever may come, I need to give myself up to His control.

As I tore down my walls of pride, God began to show me that He can bring me through anything.  Just when I though that I could never be saved from hurting, He healed my heart.
Healing Begins by Tenth Avenue North      So you thought you had to keep this up, all the work that you do so we think that you're good.  And you can't believe it's not enough.  All the walls you built up are just glass on the outside.  So let them fall down.  There's freedom waiting in the sound when you let your walls fall to the ground.  We're here now.  This is where the healing begins.  This is where the healing starts.  When you come to where you're broken within.  The light meets the dark.  The light meets the dark.  Afraid to let your secrets out.  Everything that you hide can come crashing through the door now.  But too scared to face all your fear, so you hide but you find that the shame won't disappear.  Sparks will fly as grace collides with the dark inside of us.  So please don't fight this coming light.  Let this blood cover us.  His blood can cover us.  
No matter what you are feeling, He knows how to heal you.  Even when you don't know what you need from Him, He is waiting for you to break down your barriers and run into His loving arms.  

No comments:

Post a Comment