Monday, March 29, 2010

Always

We are constantly faced with circumstances that test our faith.  On of the most jarring of these is the loss of a family member.  Unfortunately, we all face this trial at some point in our lives; but it's particularly difficult when it comes unexpectedly.  My prayers go out to those who have lost someone close to them.

Isaiah 43:10 (NIV) "You are my witnesses," declares the LORD, "and my servant whom I have chosen, so that you may know and believe me and understand that I am heBefore me no god was formed, nor will there be one after me. 
Even though it may feel like God is nowhere near you right now, have faith that He is right beside you. He is always with you. God has been there before this pain, He is with you now, and He will be there after the pain subsides. He never fails and He never leaves your side. Hold on to His promises to love and comfort you.

You may be crying out to God saying, "I need you.  Why did you leave me?  Why did you let this happen?" 

Things often seem unfair, but God has a larger plan.  One that we can't even begin to comprehend.  He knew long ago that you would be going through this pain and He's ready to hold you in His arms.  Hold on tightly to His promise and assurance that He will wrap his loving arms around you. 

This song is written from true stories of pain and loss. Let the words comfort you through your sorrow.  God is with you!
Always by Building 429   I was standing in the pour raining one dark November night, fighting off the bitter cold when she caught my eye.  Her face was torn and her eyes were filled.  Then to my surprise she pulled out a photograph and my heart just stopped inside.  She said "He would have been three today. I miss his smile, I miss his face."  What was I supposed to say?  But I believe always, always our Savior never fails.  Even when all hope is gone, God knows our pain and His promise remains.  He will be with you always.  He was living in a broken world dreaming of a home.  His heart was barely keeping pace when I found him all alone remembering the way he felt when his daddy said goodbye, fighting just to keep the tears and the anger locked inside.  He's barely holding on to faith, but deliverance is on its way.  'Cause I believe always, always our Savior never fails.  Even when all hope is gone, God knows our pain and His promise remains.  He will be with you always.  Friend, I don't know where you are and I don't know where you've been.  Maybe you're fighting for your life or just about to throw the towel in.  But if you're crying out for mercy, if there's no hope left at all, if you've given everything you've got and you're still about to fall - Well hold on!  He will be with you always.
Not only is God always there for you, He knows what you are feeling.  He knows what it feels like to be let down; we let Him down every day.  He knows what it is like to be lonely; we constantly turn away from Him.  And He knows what it's like to lose a loved one - after all, He graciously sent His son to die for you.  He gave up His loved one so that you could be His child today.

No comments:

Post a Comment