Thursday, March 18, 2010

Rescue

When I think about my priorities, I always hope that they're in the right place.  But--if I am being truly honest--I know that I put my faith and hopes in so many of the wrong things.  I worry about relationships, I stress about work, I hope for wealth, I strive for success.  What are those things really worth? 
Matthew 6:19-24 (NIV)   "Do not store up for yourselves treasures on earth, where moth and rust destroy, and where thieves break in and steal.  But store up for yourselves treasures in heaven, where moth and rust do not destroy, and where thieves do not break in and steal.  For where your treasure is, there your heart will be also."
We all put our faith in things of this world.  We get caught up in all the stresses of life.  But, instead of being let down by the things around you, let God lift you up.  This world presents us with rewards that are fleeting; but God's rewards are unending. 

Nothing in this world will satisfy you; only the Lord can completely satisfy your needs.  You need to develop a relationship with the Creator through His word, prayer, devotion, and focusing on Him.  Know that He is with you through all of the hardships you may face.  If you focus on your relationship with God, He won't let you down!  You are forever in His arms.  The triumphs that you strive for in your life are nothing in comparison with what God has in store for you...
Rescue by Newsong   You are the source of life.  I can't be left behind.  No one else will do; I will take hold of You.  I need You, Jesus.  My heart is Yours for life.  I need Your hand in mine.  No one else will do; Lord, I put my trust in You.  I need You, Jesus, come to my rescue.  Where else can I go?  There's no other name by which I am saved.  Capture me with grace; I will follow You.  This world has nothing for me; I will follow You. 

2 comments:

  1. we certainly have the ability to want!! make this
    a daily remembrance of who to turn to when you do want.. He is the way to what he wants for you. Keep this in the forefront of your mind.. I strive to want Him and I pray that others will help me attain that by sharing scripture with me Nice job Kiersten...You are an inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad to know that you connected with this post. He just wants us to draw near to Him.

    ReplyDelete